export map does not work

11-25-2014 10:46 AM
LeonardoPellozo
New Contributor II

Hello, anyone out there can help me. At the end of a map project and save it, will the option to export the map, but when I click nothing happens, no error message appears. What to do?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
BrianCarson2
Esri Contributor

Leonardo, when you click to export, the dialog doesn't appear? What antivirus software are you running?

LeonardoPellozo
New Contributor II

Hello friend, use the AVAST ... but I disabled antivirus and did not work again. not uninstalled, only I disabled

0 Kudos
BrianCarson2
Esri Contributor

You may need to whitelist the bin folder located at (this is what has worked in the past): C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.2\bin

1) Bring up the Avast User Interface (right click on Avast system tray icon and select Open Avast! User Interface)

2) Scan

3) Settings

4) Exclusions

5) Browse to a directory or path and select C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.2\bin

6) Click Add

7) Then Click Ok

I have seen this work in three other instances of the Export dialog box not coming up.

LeonardoPellozo
New Contributor II

I did what you told me, and it did not work, still with the same problem ... so now I uninstalled the antivirus, but still did not work.

0 Kudos
BrianCarson2
Esri Contributor

You may need to run a repair from the control panel at this point then.

0 Kudos
LeonardoPellozo
New Contributor II

And how do it?

0 Kudos
BrianCarson2
Esri Contributor

Go to the Start menu > Control Panel > set the view to Category > Uninstall a Program > Select ArcGIS 10.x.x for Desktop > Click Uninstall/Change > When the dialog box comes up hit Repair , then Next.