Help creating a map of organisations distrcits by postcode

Jump to solution
07-02-2023 10:44 PM
Labels (3)
SamOLeary
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a map of my organisations 'districts' in Australia.

Basically, we have the country split into about 50 districts, with certain postal areas in each district, e.g. 'North Sydney' is a disctrict comprising about 30 postcal codes / suburbs.

I want to map these districts, and have created a spreadsheet with each district name and associated postcodes. 

I can't for the life of me figure out how to use this simple data: District name, postcodes, to create a map / maps of our districts. 

I have played around with importing a base layer of Australian postcodes, but everytime I try import the data from excel I'm not sure what options to choose to create what I want.

I thought a map like this would be simple but a few hours later and it's driving me insane! Any help is much appreciated,

Sam

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

use Join Field (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Add your spreadsheet (using Excel To Table (Conversion)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation )

join the resultant table to the featureclass of postcodes using the postcodes fields from both datasets.

You can then use the district field for mapping

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

use Join Field (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Add your spreadsheet (using Excel To Table (Conversion)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation )

join the resultant table to the featureclass of postcodes using the postcodes fields from both datasets.

You can then use the district field for mapping

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
SamOLeary
New Contributor

Thanks Dan!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

No problem

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos