Lesson 7

Jump to solution
03-27-2014 04:12 PM
JillOuellette
New Contributor
Hello,
I'm having a problem with lesson 7, page 266 of Understanding GIS 2nd edition.  At the bottom of the page C:  open the tool and set the Target Features to Park Access Zones (spatial join)  my problem is that there is no Park Access Zones in the target features drop down menu.  I have made sure to complete the previous step in the book.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!
Jill
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Jill,

On the previous step in the book (Step 4J p. 266) when it says,

[INDENT]"Rename the output element of the Buffer (3) tool to Park Access Zones"[/INDENT]

you did rename the green element, right? Previously it would have said "Recommended Sites_Buffer" or something like that. I'm just wondering if possibly you renamed the tool (the yellow icon) rather than the output element.

If it's not as simple as that, could you send me a couple of screen shots showing what your model looks like and what you see when you open the Spatial Join tool? Or, even better, put your ParkPlanningModels toolbox in a zip file and send that.

Email to UnderstandingGIS at esri dot com.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim Ormsby
Esri

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Jill,

On the previous step in the book (Step 4J p. 266) when it says,

[INDENT]"Rename the output element of the Buffer (3) tool to Park Access Zones"[/INDENT]

you did rename the green element, right? Previously it would have said "Recommended Sites_Buffer" or something like that. I'm just wondering if possibly you renamed the tool (the yellow icon) rather than the output element.

If it's not as simple as that, could you send me a couple of screen shots showing what your model looks like and what you see when you open the Spatial Join tool? Or, even better, put your ParkPlanningModels toolbox in a zip file and send that.

Email to UnderstandingGIS at esri dot com.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim Ormsby
Esri
0 Kudos
MajedAlnkhali
New Contributor
Hi There
I have a book of understanding GIS first edition  but unfortunately I lost the DVD which contain a data of the exercises and because I recently bought a new compete I need the DVD to install the exercises, kindly I am asking you to advise me how can I get it?
0 Kudos
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Majed,

Can you please send your request by email to understandingGIS at esri dot com?

Thank you,

Tim
0 Kudos