When is 10.3 help rolling out for users?

Jump to solution
01-28-2015 05:03 AM
FalconESRIKW
New Contributor III

Has there been an official word from ESRI regarding making 10.3 web help available for all users? The toll dialogue boxex and the help content differ with each other which may lead to confusion for some of the users.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Falcon,

The help online for 10.3 is live. It is broken out into different sections for each ArcGIS Product (Desktop, Server, Online, Developers, etc...)

Desktop Help

Server Help

ArcGIS Online

Here is the link to the main Help page that has links to 10.3 and previous help documentation

***Added***

Just found this Blog post about the new Help Documentation

-George

GIS

--- George T.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
George_Thompson

Hi Falcon,

The help online for 10.3 is live. It is broken out into different sections for each ArcGIS Product (Desktop, Server, Online, Developers, etc...)

Desktop Help

Server Help

ArcGIS Online

Here is the link to the main Help page that has links to 10.3 and previous help documentation

***Added***

Just found this Blog post about the new Help Documentation

-George

GIS

--- George T.
FalconESRIKW
New Contributor III

Thank you very much George! This is exactly what I was looking for.

The help pages seem to have relocated ( or reorganized) and designed. Would take a few days to get used to this however it looks good,

I am not sure why Google search still fails to point to these 10.3 pages. It still takes us to web help of previous versions. May be ESRI is still working on giving it a final touch.

If that isn't the case please let the ESRI documentation team know that search engines are not able to search 10.3 help yet. May be they will expose it so that engines can reach out to 10.3....

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

Glad this helps!

I would recommend navigating to a 10.3 help page and scrolling to the bottom. There is a "Feedback for this Topic?" link and send them information. This will go directly to the documentation team and let them know about the google search information you found.

-George

--- George T.
0 Kudos
FalconESRIKW
New Contributor III

Done! Just sent the feedback to the doc. team.

Also, can you check this and see if you observe the same thing or is it just me? I just typed 'arcgis 10.3 help' in Google to see if it takes me to 10.3 web help however it took me to web help of previous versions (10.2,10.2.2).

0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

Its behaving the same way for everyone at the moment. Google search is not pointing us to the 10.3 links directly.

0 Kudos
PaulDavidson1
Occasional Contributor III

I've been doing the same search for awhile with similar results.

I just need to bookmark this thread because I am always losing these links.

0 Kudos