Cesium ArcGisImageryProvider Blurry FAA Maps

2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
BrandonBerisford
New Contributor II

Hello,

In my application I am using the ArcGisImageryProvider to stream FAA VFR Tile data as an imagery layer from here: https://bbddiaos54ziqymk.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=6ab79dc5de5743adb3e3b6e3c803aa59 using the URL given. This works fine, however I depending on where I’m at in the united states, and at higher zoom levels my map tiles seem to be pretty blurry. I would like my maps to be somewhat readable and clear at most zoom levels similar to how SkyVector.com looks at it’s various zoom levels (Granted I’m not sure where they get their map data from). When I open up this link: Services Directory - VFR_Sectional(MapServer) It says they have 24 levels of detail (although I’m not positive what that means) but the VFR imagery only starts to show up for my as an imagery layer in cesium when I’m around zoom level 9 or so, and does get clear when i’m at zoom levels much closer to the maps. I was just wondering if you guys have any idea why my map tiles might be blurry. I’ve attached screen shots for reference as well as code snippets.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

carbon(2).png

carbon(1).png

0 Kudos
0 Replies