Published OIC Errors (Update Available)

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
cdevault_pickett
New Contributor III

Hello all. I'm trying to use the Publish Oriented Imagery Catalog tool from a freshly downloaded and installed Oriented Imagery Classic toolbox. It results in an error saying Update Available...but it is the most recent version. It also errors that "get attribute listLayers does not exist". Anyone have any steps to fix this? I'm running ArcGIS Pro 3.2.2.

cdevault_pickett_0-1714577649493.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vickyduran_AerialSphere
New Contributor III

Hi @cdevault_pickett 

Since you are using the Oriented Imagery Classic toolbox, I understand that you used the Add Images to Oriented Imagery Catalog GP tool and set the Input Type as ImageList. Then select the text file containing the list of URLs for each image. I have a few questions so I can have a better idea of what I think you could do:

• Which Imagery Type did you select? This will set the parameters used by the tool to generate the add the images to the OIC and it can lead to errors depending on the type of image. 
  • Are the markers with the locations of the images displayed on the map?
  • Does the attribute table for the Exposure Points layer have data in it?

You can also move from using Oriented Imagery Classic toolbox and go with OI Dataset and OI Layer, so then you can publish the OI Layer by sharing as a web layer.

Here is a link to a tut0rial I created for that effect:

https://aerialsphere.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AGD/pages/1789296641/Create+and+Publish+Oriented+Imag... 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ajzades
New Contributor II

Hi there,

Out of curiosity, what type of imagery are you trying to process into a catalog? I wonder if you are getting this error because of the latest update to Pro: Oriented Imagery Layers are now supported, so for certain types of OI the toolbox is no longer needed but this is dependent on imagery type. 

0 Kudos
cdevault_pickett
New Contributor III

It's a handful of 360 images from a GoPro Max. My workflow was create and add the images to the catalog using the built-in tools. They are hosted on a web server and I used a list of URLs to add the images to the catalog. However, it seems like there was not a built-in GP tool to publish the OIC to Portal, that's when I downloaded and installed the management tools. 

0 Kudos
vickyduran_AerialSphere
New Contributor III

Hi @cdevault_pickett 

Since you are using the Oriented Imagery Classic toolbox, I understand that you used the Add Images to Oriented Imagery Catalog GP tool and set the Input Type as ImageList. Then select the text file containing the list of URLs for each image. I have a few questions so I can have a better idea of what I think you could do:

• Which Imagery Type did you select? This will set the parameters used by the tool to generate the add the images to the OIC and it can lead to errors depending on the type of image. 
  • Are the markers with the locations of the images displayed on the map?
  • Does the attribute table for the Exposure Points layer have data in it?

You can also move from using Oriented Imagery Classic toolbox and go with OI Dataset and OI Layer, so then you can publish the OI Layer by sharing as a web layer.

Here is a link to a tut0rial I created for that effect:

https://aerialsphere.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AGD/pages/1789296641/Create+and+Publish+Oriented+Imag... 

cdevault_pickett
New Contributor III

I selected 360 images, the markers do display on the map and the attribute table is populated.

That was very helpful! I ended up ditching the classic toolbox's publish OIC tool and used the share as web layer method that was in your tutorial and everything worked perfect. Now just waiting for the viewer's to support 360 photos.