Oriented imagery viewer does not support visualizing 360 degree imagery.

12-08-2023 09:18 AM
MustafaHalukAy
New Contributor

Hi, I was testing Oriented Imagery tools on ArcGIS Pro 3.2.0. There is an option to select imagery catalog type as a 360 while adding images to oriented imagery dataset. But when I try to Explore images, I get this message on viewer "Oriented imagery viewer does not support visualizing 360-degree imagery.". Is there an update on this? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ajzades
New Contributor II

Hello, 

To the best of my knowledge, while you can create a 360 degree OIL in the ArcPro 3.2 update- you cannot view the imagery. The best solution is to download the the ArcPro toolbox for managing oriented imagery which can be found here.  

Please note: When using the toolbox, you are creating an OIC, not the OIL. OILs are not yet supported for viewing 360 degree imagery. 

0 Kudos
MustafaHalukAy
New Contributor

Thanks.

0 Kudos
EmilyWindahl
Esri Contributor

Hi Mustafa! The ability to visualize 360 images is coming to ArcGIS Online in the Feb release in a few days. You'll be able to use Pro to manage the images as an oriented imagery dataset, then publish the layer to ArcGIS Online where you'll be able to visualize the images using Map Viewer. We're working on enabling 360 visualization in Pro; look for it in Pro 3.4.

0 Kudos
Jaire_McNichols
New Contributor III

Good Afternoon Emily! I've been testing the new Oriented Imagery Update and am glad that this feature is getting more support. I did however run into a bug where the orientation seems to have been flipped after uploading (If the Oriented viewer was pointing down a street, the image would reflect looking up the street) and was wondering if you might know the cause? It was a rather large dataset, so something could have happened while adding images to the Oriented Imagery layer.

0 Kudos
EmilyWindahl
Esri Contributor

Hi Jaire, can you tell me more about the camera you're using, and how you added the images to your oriented imagery dataset? It's possible that the camera you're using is defining orientation differently than oriented imagery does (here's the orientation schema we're using). 

Jaire_McNichols
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply!

I don't have the camera information on hand but that's a good idea. I'm still working under the assumption that my small (successful) dataset and my large (flipped) dataset were captured with the exact same camera since the exports from the contractor were identical. My successful dataset was added using a list of image URLs in a plain text doc. I've uploaded my unsuccessful dataset multiple times, using the .txt method and by creating a feature layer and having it follow the OIC table schema. It could be here that I am making an error, potentially selecting the wrong 'WKID' for the SRS field. I did create a new thread with some more context.

0 Kudos