Search Editor Add-In

03-05-2013 08:01 PM
RobertPincus
New Contributor III
I have posted a beta version of a Search Editor Add-In. The Add-In is designed to help the user edit some of the tables and feature classes used in MapSAR.

Here is a list of the tables the Add-In manages, Incident, Reporting Party, Operation Period, Team Members, Teams, Debrief, Assignments, Segments, Point Last Seen, and Clues. If the layer in MapSAR is a table, the the Add-In will allow you to create, edit, and delete records. If the layer is a feature class, then the Add-In will allow you to only edit and delete records. It will not allow you to add or move features. You will have to create the features in an ArcMAP edit session. When appropriate, the domains that MapSAR uses are also updated.

I have also included a draft version of the help document. As time permits or if there is interest, I will continue to edit it.

I have been only able to test this on one computer, if you encounter any errors, please give me as much information as you can, and I will try to debug it.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks,
Robert.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertPincus
New Contributor III
I have not heard any comments about the Add-In yet. Any comments, questions, or should I forget about customizing this altogether?

Robert
0 Kudos
TimBeynon
New Contributor
Hi Robert,

Thank you for developing this. I have done some preliminary tests with the forms and they just the thing I was hoping for. There are a few issues I've had with some bugs. I will log them as I encounter them and pass them on to you. They seem to be related to some files stored on your profile.

I can not say for sure if I will be going forward with ArcGIS 10.1 or if logistics will force an initial deployment v 10.0 based on organizational realities. (XP 32)

I'll keep you posted, and thanks again.

Tim Beynon
GIS Analyst
Ottawa Police Service
0 Kudos