Why are List items disabled?

07-16-2013 05:21 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: jakc

I have a feature service that is being updated via the GeoEvent Processor + simulator.

• I have a list widget that shows the current field vehicles.

• I have enabled all feature actions on this list

• Data is being sourced from a data source that is working fine for other widgets.

However, whenever I right click on an item in the list, the actions are always disabled.

If I point to the actual feature service as opposed to the data source it works.
I need to point to the data source, as I need to filter the list to just 3 particular field crew memebers (but still see all field crew moving around).

Is it a limitation that in order for the feature actions to work, the list needs to directly point to the feature service layer as opposed to a data source that relates to the feature service?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25989[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25990[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25991[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: kylie

It sounds like the vehicles are visible on the map, so instead of adding an external data source and filtering that to get your subset of vehicles, create a filtered data source off the layer in the map, and use that in your list.

To create a filtered data source off the layer in your map, edit the operation view and configure the map widget. In the Configure Map dialog's Data sources tab, select the data source of which you want to create a filtered version. Under settings, for Filters click Add. Name and create your filter as you did for the stand-alone data source above, and click OK to close the Query Definition dialog.

Now when you configure the list, you will see a data source listed as part of the map that shows a filter icon, and your query's name. Select that as the source for your list.

This won't filter the data as displayed on the map, but only filters the data in widgets that use that filtered data as source.
0 Kudos