GTFS to Public Transit Data Model ERROR 002924

2 weeks ago
JuanVilla12
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I am trying to create recreate a transit network for my city using the GTFS data through the GTFS to Public Transit Data Model. 

I've been following along with the ESRI tutorial and so far everything has been successful until this point. I was able to use the GTFS data create the bus stops and routes using GTFS Shapes to Features and GTFS Stops to Features, but now I get this error message while trying to use the same GTFS data for the Public Transit data model.

I compared my GTFS data to the tutorials data and at a glance, everything seems to have the same structure and be correct.

Screenshot 2024-04-24 112811.png

3e258863-d957-468a-b264-304e8519580d.png

Screenshot 2024-04-24 112928.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

I can help you with this, but your screenshot of the error message has the detailed messages cut off.  Can you copy/paste the full list of errors?  One of those should give more details about what went wrong.

0 Kudos
JuanVilla12
New Contributor II

Here is the full screenshot.

Screenshot 2024-04-24 120608.png

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

That second warning message tells you what's wrong.  You can click the warning link to see the documentation for that message, which should give more details.  But, basically, you need to check on the option to interpolate blank stop times.

MelindaMorang_0-1713975309749.png

0 Kudos
JuanVilla12
New Contributor II

Did as you said and received another error message, this time specifically for the trips.txt., I ran my files through the GTFS data validator from MobilityData and it did not find any errors inside of the trips.txt.

The compliance report came back with 0 errors and 42 warnings for some recommended fields in the routes.txt file. 

Screenshot 2024-04-24 163155.png

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Esri's tools and data model may have stricter requirements on the GTFS fields than the GTFS specification itself, so your data might pass the validator but still not be usable for creating a network dataset.

Regarding that specific error about invalid non-numerical values, another user reported a problem recently where they were getting this message when they shouldn't.  It was because their trips.txt had a bunch of tabs in it, and the tool code was incorrectly reading the value as "[tab]1" instead of "1" and failing to strip off the stray tabs.  This bug has been fixed in the forthcoming Pro 3.3 release.  But anyway, it's worth checking if your data has stray tabs in it and getting rid of them if it does.  (Tabs can often get added to CSV files if you open them in Excel using the wrong delimiter and save them back out.)

0 Kudos