Update ArcGIS Server "Service Item ID"

01-22-2024 06:37 AM
SimonSchütte_ct
Occasional Contributor III

How do I change the "Service Item Id" visible in serverdomain/server/rest/services/Folder/Service/MapServer
I can not find the Service Item ID anywhere in the Service ItemInfo or anywhere else. Where is this information stored and how can I change it?
Updating the properties here: serverdomain/server/admin/services/FOLDER/SERVICE works, but the change is not reflected in serverdomain/server/rest/services/Folder/Service/MapServer ...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CodyPatterson

Hey @SimonSchütte_ct 

As far as I'm aware in ArcGIS Server, at this point you are not able to alter the Service Item ID unless it is recreated after deleting. This value is a unique ID assigned at creation to identify the item, changing it may cause indexing issues if it were possible.

Hope that help!

Cody

SimonSchütte_ct

@CodyPatterson Thank you, this is what I was assuming.
I updated the Portal ItemID in the admin settings for the service, linking the service to the corresponding correct Portal Item. However the old "Service Item Id" still shows up in the normal service information. I was looking for a way to update this information as well, hoping there was a setting to reindex ArcGIS Server similar to what is possible in Portal for ArcGIS.
(Similar use case as described here Re: Overwrite Map Service by Copy to Referenced Re... - Esri Community)

0 Kudos