Access to Dynamic Range Adjustment (DRA) raster rendering using the CIM?

09-13-2023 01:13 AM
TobiSellekaerts
New Contributor III

I'm using the CIM to make some adjustments to a raster layer in a map.  I've found most of what I need under the cim.colorizer (i.e. stretch type, transparency).  I can't see where I can access DRA (dynamic range adjustment).  I'm assuming I will need to do this using the CIM, as I can't see where I can set it using any other python functionality.  (Alternate routes to success are welcome!)  Can I turn on DRA using the CIM, or using Python?

Using ArcGIS Pro 3.1.2.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor

Try https://github.com/Esri/cim-spec/blob/809fb365d8d204d1fbdc51b3fab5bd17d88de2d1/docs/v2/CIMImageLayer...

You'll have to jump through a few hoops to get there, but I think that's the property you want.

0 Kudos
ShaunWalbridge
Esri Regular Contributor

One approach to determining the appropriate properties for cases like this is to change the data you'd like to change from Python, save the result as a new project, then extract the two APRX files and compare the related JSON CIM representations, and compare them with a diff tool. The documentation as recommended by @alfredman is the better approach, but sometimes seeing what the code actually changed can also be useful.

0 Kudos