after running a script several times succesfully..one day, it does nothing, no errors

07-15-2013 02:58 AM
josesanchez1
New Contributor III
After having run a script within Arcmap several times and successfully, today the running window said Completed! in 0.00 seconds....and nothing happened, no outputs!, no errors!

You may think I have changed a code line without notice, but I promise you not. it must be something between ArcMap and ...whatever.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jose.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Jose,

Can you post the script's code?  This will help in troubleshooting this issue.
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Has your operating system been upgraded (e.g. Windows XP to Windows 7)?
0 Kudos
josesanchez1
New Contributor III
Well, I think I got it..

My script has about 170 lines of code. Eight parameters are needed.

it can look redundant, but I inserted my script into a Model. so, I had to set the eight parameters again. Model --> Properties --> Parameters.

Everything was working nicely. But, then, once, I noticed that the correlative order of my parameters into my Model had changed. in detail, the third one was now at the end of the parameter list, in eight place. That´s why things could not be working at all. Surprisingly, every time i corrected, when I opened the windows again and again, the order changed again by itself.

After a while, it worked!, the parameters looked to be in place. But the Model did not run..

Now, I have a new model (from scratch) and it is working.

Perhaps, there may be an inconsistency between the script parameters and model parameters. Overall, ESRI should have a look at that because many times I had to re-start ArcMap, too many crashes.

Jose.
0 Kudos
josesanchez1
New Contributor III
I am using ArcGIS 10.1 and Windows xp (fully updated)
0 Kudos