Automating User Creation in Enterprise from Active Directory with Python

Jump to solution
03-13-2024 08:51 AM
chill_gis_dude
New Contributor III
Hi all,

Can anyone speak on the subject of automating users with Active Directory? I am the sole manager of an ArcGIS enterprise environment and have been trying to automate our users with AD. So far I have a half built script that creates CSVs from our AD, creates dictionaries of users and then changes what groups the users are in based on an attribute in AD. My plan is to schedule this to just run daily so its pretty much always up to date with our AD. I am trying to make it so that the script looks at our list of users in portal and creates new users from AD who don't exist in the portal, but I can't find documentation on creating new users in bulk from a csv automated by python. To be clear I am trying to use the third option when creating new members: "Add members based on existing enterprise users." They already have usernames and password in AD.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @chill_gis_dude,

Take  a look at the following scripts here.  The scripts won't accomplish exactly what you're looking to do, but should provide some guidance.  For example, here is the portion of code that creates the Enterprise account by reading information from a CSV file:

JakeSkinner_0-1710348996802.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @chill_gis_dude,

Take  a look at the following scripts here.  The scripts won't accomplish exactly what you're looking to do, but should provide some guidance.  For example, here is the portion of code that creates the Enterprise account by reading information from a CSV file:

JakeSkinner_0-1710348996802.png

chill_gis_dude
New Contributor III

Thank you Jake. This is really helpful. It seems like this whole process is a lot easier with SAML enabled

0 Kudos