Environment variable of type Boolean not shown as Checked as default value in the Environment section

10-27-2023 02:06 AM
TonyO
by
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have added an environment variable of boolean type in both parameters as well environment section.

For the parameter section I am setting its default value as true using parameter.value. Because of that it is showing as checked.

And same I am trying to do in the environment section by setting the value like arcpy.env.transferDomains = True. It is setting the value but not showing the checkbox as Checked. 

Added the screenshot where transferDomains checkbox is not checked when tool is opened for the first time.

@EarlMedina  @JoshuaBixby 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TonyO
by
New Contributor III

Can somebody help me here? @EarlMedina @JoshuaBixby 

0 Kudos
EarlMedina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @TonyO . I looked into your problem and I have to admit I'm stumped. It looks like you're doing everything right. You said the code is honored but the UI does not update accordingly? Is that correct?

0 Kudos
TonyO
by
New Contributor III

Yes that is the case I am setting the value as true but checkbox is not showing as checked. arcpy.env.transferDomains = True

And I am setting this in init method

@EarlMedina 

0 Kudos
EarlMedina
Esri Regular Contributor

My suggestion is to open a quick case with technical support and check if they have this logged as a bug and, if not, go ahead and log one.