How do I make a multi value input with multiple columns?

02-07-2016 07:37 PM
AllanMills
New Contributor III

I'm fairly certain I should be able to do this but I can't seem to find out how. Basically I'm written a simple feature class merge tool in Python. It takes a series of input feature classes and a field name for each (the field represents a depth value). It then merges all of the feature classes into a single feature class with a depth field containing values from the field specified.

Writing the script wasn't hard, but I'm now trying to build the parameters for the script for a toolbox (note that this is a scripting tool, not a python toolbox tool). I need a multi value parameter that takes a feature class as an input and when one is selected it fills a combo box for a second input with all the field names for that feature class (or, for bonus points, just the numerical fields). But I can't find a way to set this up with the interface provided. I think the topo to raster tool in 3D analyst has an example of the sort of thing I want to.

I'm not certain if I can do this for a python script admittedly. I know I can do it in .NET but that is a different matter entirely.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AllanMills
New Contributor III

I never managed to get it working for python unfortunately. I do know how to make it happen in .NET though if that is helpful. You could always code the front end in .NET and have it call the python version with the correct parameters.

0 Kudos