How to end a script tool so it ends correctly in 10.1

Jump to solution
06-06-2013 09:00 AM
DanNarsavage
Occasional Contributor
I've got a script tool that I wrote for 10.0 and I'm trying to make it work in 10.1 now.  It does in fact work--I can go to where the output file is stored on disk, but the tool never returns anything.  The last message in the results window says "Succeeded at [time]" like it always has, but at 10.0 it had a little clock icon next to it & now it has a little thought bubble icon next to it like all the intermediate messages.  And the little check mark never appears, and the tool's status never gets set to complete (it keeps the little hourglass icon in the GP results window).   Anyone seen this before?  Will 10.1 Desktop not correctly run a tool created in 10.0?  Below is the code at the beginning & end of the script in case that can help sorting this out.

Thanks,
Dan

# Import system modules import sys, string, os, arcpy, time from arcpy import mapping as mappy   """Creates a custom map for a BOE appeal, containing a subject parcel (first parameter) and a list of comps (second parameter)""" def main(args=None):    try:       # [Stuff that works]       arcpy.SetParameterAsText(13,TargetPacketPDF)    except:       raise if __name__ == "__main__":     main(sys.argv[1:])
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MathewCoyle
Frequent Contributor
Have you tried disabling background processing?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MathewCoyle
Frequent Contributor
Have you tried disabling background processing?
0 Kudos
DanNarsavage
Occasional Contributor
That sure did it.  Thanks Mathew!  Seems like a bit of a band-aid for some sort of incompatibility between 10.1 & Win7 threading or something like that, but it solves my problem!
0 Kudos