Import arcpy hangs on Linux

Jump to solution
07-12-2012 09:38 AM
AllisonAnderson
New Contributor III
I'm trying to run a script that has successfully run on my test machine, but is not running on my production box.  I've narrowed it down to arcpy not importing.  I've added some print statements and when it gets to import arcpy it just hangs.

If I am logged in as root, and source /var/arcgis/server10.0/python26/setenv_python.sh, launch python and then try to import arcpy, I get this error at import arcgisscripting:

ImportError: libappinitializerlib.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

If I then source /var/arcgis/server10.0/servercore/.Server/init_server_sh (which should solve the previous error), launch python and import arcpy it just hangs - same as when I run my full script.

I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting - the path names all seem to be correct in the shell scripts - so I'm hoping that somebody here will have some ideas.

Thanks-
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AllisonAnderson
New Contributor III
A simple restart of ArcGIS Server seemed to do the trick.  There were some sockets that were stuck and the restart seems to have cleared everything out.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AllisonAnderson
New Contributor III
A simple restart of ArcGIS Server seemed to do the trick.  There were some sockets that were stuck and the restart seems to have cleared everything out.
0 Kudos