Load features from file or mobile geodatabase into non-GDB enterprise database FC

01-09-2024 04:46 AM
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.2.1; Oracle Express 18c; the database is not a geodatabase (no ArcGIS Server or Enterprise)

In a related post, we established that the Append tool can’t be used to load data into an unregistered feature class.

As @MarceloMarques mentioned in that post, I’m wondering if there is a way to use Python to load features from a mobile or file geodatabase FC into the non-GDB enterprise database FC.

Is there a way to do that with Python? Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BlakeTerhune
MVP Regular Contributor

I've used cx_Oracle, now pyhton-oracledb, to do SQL specific stuff. You could use PL/SQL insert statements into your db table. You might even be able to use an arcpy insert cursor, worth a try. There's also ArcSDESQLExecute, which may or may not work.

MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

@Bud 

Q:  I’m wondering if there is a way to use Python to load features from a mobile or file geodatabase FC into the non-GDB enterprise database FC.

A: there are many Oracle Tutorials available that teach how to access an Oracle database via python.

Python and Oracle Database Tutorial: The New Wave of Scripting

Developing Python Applications for Oracle Database

TIP: you can also explore Safe Software FME Workbench and FME Server for this task, it will not require to write any code with FME, FME works like ArcGIS Pro Model Builder and ArcGIS Pro Data Interoperability. Extension.

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov