Select to view content in your preferred language

Problem Setting a Parameter to Insert values from a table

08-11-2011 09:02 AM
JacobCoble
New Contributor
I have a model that selects files based on the value of a table. I want to run a script from this model in ArcMap with the script's parameters set. The user clicks on the model, there is a dialog box where the user can choose Input Datasets (the table that lists the files) and then the user is prompted to insert values from a table. The user selects the correct field from this and the model selects the files that are listed in this field. See attached image for the dialog box from the model.

I want to do the same with the parameters set up in my Python script so that the user can click on the script instead of the model, there is a dialog box asking for a table and field, and the script selects the files listed in the table, just like the model does. I have not found a way to set the parameters so that the user can choose the table and then choose the correct field in the table and insert the values from that field. I have tried various settings in the script's properties but I have not found anything that works.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies