PythonWin Settings Question

05-23-2014 05:56 AM
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor
What in my PythonWin settings is causing the line formatting/error/warnings like seen in the attached image?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34035[/ATTACH]

This is really frustrating as I don't know what changed to cause this.

Thanks for any input.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoshuaChisholm
Occasional Contributor III
I think it's an inconsistent indentation error. There are 11 red symbols. You are likely using 4 spaces as an indentation, meaning you should have 12 spaces for 4 levels of indentation.

Try adding one space and see if that solves it.
0 Kudos
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor
I think it's an inconsistent indentation error. There are 11 red symbols. You are likely using 4 spaces as an indentation, meaning you should have 12 spaces for 4 levels of indentation.

Try adding one space and see if that solves it.

No adding a space does not fix it.

I've never seen this kind of checking before in my PythonWin environment.  Normally if I had an indentation issue it wouldn't check and I would see an error in the status at the bottom, no red lines or some such thing.  It's really strange an dI don't know what has changed to have this show up

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34038[/ATTACH]

Now when I click the Check it displays a "Checking module..." message at the bottom and the Interactive Window shows

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34037[/ATTACH]

>>> The tab nanny complained, but I cant see where!

This is a Citrix install, so did something happen to the environment settings?
0 Kudos
RDHarles
Occasional Contributor
I used to get this issue quite often (I've now moved to PyScripter and haven't had this issue since).
The following always works for me. Highlight the "infected area" > right click > choose Source Code > then click Untabify Region.
Works every time for me.  No idea what causes this, but it happened dozens of times over the years, while using many different PythonWin versions.
0 Kudos
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor
I used to get this issue quite often (I've now moved to PyScripter and haven't had this issue since).
The following always works for me. Highlight the "infected area" > right click > choose Source Code > then click Untabify Region.
Works every time for me.  No idea what causes this, but it happened dozens of times over the years, while using many different PythonWin versions.

Will do.  Thanks.

Now I am seeing another new thing!  What in the world is this white circle next to one of my def()'s?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34040[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
RDHarles
Occasional Contributor
Will do.  Thanks.

Now I am seeing another new thing!  What in the world is this white circle next to one of my def()'s?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34040[/ATTACH]

Looks like you've toggled a break point in the debugger.  If you put your cursor on that line, then go File > Debug >  and uncheck Toggle Breakpoint, should get rid of it...
0 Kudos