The tool is not licensed

01-24-2014 08:49 AM
AndrewRadford
New Contributor
Hi,

I am have written a python script to import a table into SDE. The script works fine when it is run from Pythonwin but when I run the script as scheduled task I get Error 000824 The tool is not licensed. I am running from the same the same server in both situations.
I have ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced and ArcGIS for Server Enterprise basic installed and running.

Any clue as to why it works in the IDE but not  as a scheduled task?

Thanks,
Andrew
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Luke_Pinner
MVP Regular Contributor
Which tool?
Have you checked the help to see if the tool is available with an Advanced license only?
0 Kudos
AndrewRadford
New Contributor
Which tool?
Have you checked the help to see if the tool is available with an Advanced license only?

The tool is a table to table conversion. Im sure that tool is standard with ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced.
0 Kudos
JohnDye
Occasional Contributor III
Can you post the script that you are running as a scheduled task?
0 Kudos
Luke_Pinner
MVP Regular Contributor
Table to Table (Conversion) is available at all license levels, so there's probably something else going on. Definitely post your script and how you're trying to run it as a scheduled task.
0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor
This is kind of a shot in the dark, but do you have ArcGIS Server installed on that server? If so, my guess is that the file association when you open through PythonWin points you towards the ArcGIS Desktop install of Python, which can access this tool from any license level. If you are running a scheduled task, and not using a .bat file to explicitly set what version of Python you want to run the script with, it is possible it is trying to run the script with the ArcGIS Server Python install (there will be a 32 bit and 64 bit install of Python if you have both products installed). As this functionality matrix points out, the basic license level of Server does not include geoprocessing, so you would want to run these scripts using the Desktop (32-bit) version of Python. My suggestion would be to make a .bat file that calls the 32 bit version of Python to ensure you are using your desktop license. If this is all the case, this blog will help further explain this.
0 Kudos