Cannot make edits on a QML PopupView after calling startEditing() on the C++ PopupManager

Jump to solution
12-29-2017 09:57 AM
JeffreyKing
New Contributor II

I am using a popup view to make edits on an AGO feature service. I am successfully identifying and filling the PopupView with the feature's popup data. Whenever I call the startEditing() function from the PopupManager, though, nothing happens. The returned value from the function call is "true", which means that it was successful and should be allowing editing through the PopupView, but I cannot interact with the fields and data to actually make any changes, it acts like a static, non-interactive, window that just shows field data.

11 Replies
RobertHewlett
Occasional Contributor

If I were to make the changes you suggested (a while back) how would the binding work with the QML controls and binding in general so that the PopupManager is aware of the edits done in the control on the PopupView for example a date widget. Currently lines 193-199 in PopupViewBase are the ones that need to change to help with editing. Also, if I had an MVVM mindset is PopupManager the ViewModel and the control for a particular field part of the View?

0 Kudos
PamTurner1
New Contributor

Hi Everyone - I am still struggling to get this to work as I have tried all the fixes mentioned, but still cannot figure out how to get this to work without having to hard code each and every value we want to edit, which is what we're trying to avoid. Can anyone share if they've mentioned to use a generic PopupView to edit? I am still a beginner at QML/Qt so any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos