Samples qml sourcecode available?

Jump to solution
03-18-2015 04:13 PM
MarcoPiccolino1
New Contributor III

Hello, is the source code of the samples available somewhere?

I didn't seem to find it neither on github nor in the distribution. Thanks!

Marco

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoPiccolino1
New Contributor III

Lucas I am being silly, the source code is actually available in a tab in the sample apps, so that should suffice for my purposes. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LucasDanzinger
Esri Frequent Contributor

No, we did not provide the source for the sample app for this release. In a future release, we plan to move the sample code to github so others can see and contribute (and build themselves). Is there something that it does that you are curious about, or are you just wanting to build the whole thing yourself?

Thanks,

Luke

MarcoPiccolino1
New Contributor III

There are two bits I am specifically interested in at the moment. One is the .tpk download / load; the other is seeing examples of the different layer types that it is possible to load. In particular, whether there is any support for geojson. Browsing the Qml API doc without elaborate examples is a bit cumbersome.

Marco

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger

For GeoJSON, the answer is not right now. We will be adding support for this in a future release, but unfortunately don't have it currently. If you're feeling ambitious, it would by all means be possible to write something in C++ (or maybe even QML) that made the rest request to your service that sends back geojson, and parses that and displays the output in a graphics layer. The Runtime Java team put out a sample that does something like this - arcgis-runtime-samples-java/geojson at master · Esri/arcgis-runtime-samples-java · GitHub

The goal is to have something like this be part of the actual API in the future.

As for the download TPK, are you referring to the sample that shows how to call export tiles, or are you wanting to know about how the offline data is downloaded throughout the app?

MarcoPiccolino1
New Contributor III

1) Thanks for the pointer! Definitely something worth implementing in a near future to integrate Arcgis with the world out there.

2) The download bit

0 Kudos
MarcoPiccolino1
New Contributor III

Lucas I am being silly, the source code is actually available in a tab in the sample apps, so that should suffice for my purposes. Thanks!

0 Kudos
LucasDanzinger

Ahh, I thought you meant the source to the overall sample application, not each individual sample in the app. Sorry for the confusion.

I agree with you on the GeoJSON thing. We will see when we can get this added in.

Thanks!

Luke

0 Kudos