arcgisbinding package - arc.write failure

01-06-2020 12:11 PM
NatalieHurst
New Contributor

I am attempting to use the arcgisbinding package in R to save a Spatial Polygons DataFrame on my network as a shapefile. I am using the arc.write() function, and getting the error message below. 

Error in .Call(n, PACKAGE = .arc$dll, ...) : "arc_write" not available for .Call() for package "rarcproxy_pro"

I have gotten this package to work before, so I am not certain what is causing the error. I have included my code below. 

install.packages(pacman)

library(pacman)

pacman::p_load(tigris)

#Merge with spatial data
ohio_tracts <- tracts(state = 39, county = c(041, 045, 049, 089, 097, 129, 159), year = 2018, cb = TRUE) #cb = True will omit the portion of Northern Ohio in Lake Erie

pacman::p_load(arcgisbinding)

arc.check_product()

arc.write(path = "//trans4/trans/DATA/Projects/Regional Housing Strategy/Displacement_Risk/Adjacent_Tracts.shp", data = Adjacent_Determination_spatial, overwrite = TRUE)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Natalie,

Sorry for the very late response as your question showed up in my docket today.

The code above runs successfully for arcgisbinding v244 (the latest R-ArcGIS Bridge version). The following would be my recommendations if this issue still persists:

1. Updating the package

2. Making sure that your Pro has a license checked-our. The error you are getting is from the ArcGIS Pro DLL, which might mean that your Pro may not be authenticated.

0 Kudos