Arcgisbinding - receiving fatal error when trying to load data

10-11-2023 10:06 AM
SaraJL
by
Occasional Contributor III

I have been working through the Using the R-ArcGIS Bridge training in the ESRI catalog and I'm encountering a few issues:

I just installed R, so I have R 4.3.1 and the latest version of ArcGIS Pro:

SaraJL_0-1697043780550.png

But when I try to run the code from the training in the application, I'm receiving a fatal error and then the program crashes. This is when I'm trying to load the dataset from the exercise:

SaraJL_1-1697043873840.png

Any suggestions are welcome. I'm a pretty basic R/RStudio user.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JosiahParry
New Contributor II

Hey Sara, do you have more context that you can provide? Can you provide the code that you are running that is causing this crash?

0 Kudos
SaraJL
by

Sure! I was actually doing the Using the R-ArcGIS Bridge training module in the ESRI Training catalog

https://www.esri.com/training/catalog/58b5e417b89b7e000d8bfe45/using-the-rarcgis-bridge/

The spot I was having the issue was Step 3 when I was trying to load the library (arcgisbinding) package. Up until Step 3 of the training module, it was going pretty smooth! No errors before that point.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
JosiahParry
New Contributor II

Hm! There's still not too much to work on. Do you happen to have multiple versions of R installed on your machine? It looks like from the screenshot you have R version 4.3.1 installed. Does the output of the `.libPaths()` function match that shown in the geoprocessing options? 

0 Kudos
SaraJL
by

Good question! How would I check that? It wasn't a step in the training module, so not sure exactly how to validate it code wise. The video also does show that step.

But to answer the version question - I only have version 4.3.1 installed.

If this helps - this is a screenshot of Step 3 of the module where I was having this issues - this is as far as I got so I wasn't able to really run much code past this point. (The Save part worked at the end - but running the code was the part that generated the error)

SaraJL_0-1701701534654.png

0 Kudos