error loading routes into roads and highways route network

06-14-2018 09:38 AM
anayoung
New Contributor III

Hello,

I just received the following message when trying to load some routes into an ALRS:

"unable to fix self-closing loops: split point results in a zero length polyline"

What does this mean? How do I fix it?

Thanks,

Ana

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NathanEasley
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ana,

Can you log a case with Esri technical support?  They can take a look at the issue and help troubleshoot the error message you're receiving.

Thanks,

Nathan

0 Kudos
anayoung
New Contributor III

Thank you, Nathan. I have separated out the loops and multi-parts from my load feature class. I then had to partition the load feature into 7 different features classes and load each individually until I find the offending feature(s). This is a very cumbersome and time consuming process. We're all hoping this issue is resolved in 10.6. However, I do wonder how that could be. Perhaps you can shed some light on this?

In the meantime, I will submit a ticket to ESRI most likely on Monday.

0 Kudos
AmitHazra
Esri Contributor

Hello Ana,

I'd concur with Nathan's suggestion. You may also want to review our documentation on the supported loop and lollipop shapes we support in current releases of the software: Loop and lollipop routes—Roads and Highways Desktop | ArcGIS Desktop

Thanks

anayoung
New Contributor III

Thank you, Amit. As I mentioned above, I removed the self-closing loops from the file utilizing Data Reviewer. Unless, there's some odd ones that the check didn't catch, I'm at a loss as to why I'm getting that message. However, I will deal with the loops Data Reviewer found as the documentation suggests. 

0 Kudos