Troubleshoot route dangle that doesn't align with centerline

02-09-2022 09:09 AM
SydneyFuhrig
New Contributor

I've been running dangle checks in Data Reviewer to clean up our network and came across this example where the route (blue) doesn't quite line up with its centerline (red) in addition to overshooting where it is supposed to end at the pink calibration point. A cartographic realignment failed, and when I tried to retire the route to recreate it correctly on the centerline, I received the following error message. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

01.PNG

02.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CliveReece
Esri Contributor

Hello Sydney,

I am assuming this is a Roads and Highways data set?  What version? (just for reference)

My first suggestion would be to true up your ALRS by running Generate Routes (either on the selected route or the entire route network).  That GP should synchronize the route feature class records with the centerline sequence table, centerlines, and calibration points. 

Another item to suggest pertains to cartographic realignment.  I can't see the scale from your screenshots.  However, it's worth noting that if you are making small adjustments to centerline vertices that are within the XY tolerance, you likely will not see the route feature class geometry update.  When you run into this situation, one way to address it is by moving the centerline vertex temporarily further away (beyond the XY tolerance), and then moving the vertex back to your desired final XY position.  

regards, Clive