Supported Drone List

Jump to solution
05-12-2022 07:53 PM
scheungtest
New Contributor

Hi folks,

I am checking on the list of supported drone for SiteScan of ArcGIS. Knowing that new version of drones have been released, is there any updated list of supported drone models?  Below are the existing list found on Esri Community.

https://community.esri.com/t5/imagery-and-remote-sensing-blog/site-scan-flight-for-arcgis-matrix-of-...

Moreover, may I know if DJI Inspire 1 support SiteScan Flight app?

Many thanks for the attention!

Cheers!

Samuel

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
AndrewBowne
Occasional Contributor III

I believe that this is the most current list of supported drones and sensors.  As I understand it, Esri intends to keep this list updated as new drones and sensors become supported.

View solution in original post

NicoBonnafoux
Esri Contributor

Hi Samuel

Andrew is correct, this list is current and kept up-to-date. 

The DJI Inspire 1 is not supported in the Flight app, and unfortunately there is no plan to add support because it's a discontinued model. 

View solution in original post

11 Replies
AndrewBowne

I believe that this is the most current list of supported drones and sensors.  As I understand it, Esri intends to keep this list updated as new drones and sensors become supported.

NicoBonnafoux
Esri Contributor

Hi Samuel

Andrew is correct, this list is current and kept up-to-date. 

The DJI Inspire 1 is not supported in the Flight app, and unfortunately there is no plan to add support because it's a discontinued model. 

AndrewBowne

Nico - 

Do you think there is any value in publishing a list of higher-end drones that will not be supported?  That might help curb a lot of questions from users.  Also, possibly publish a list of drones that are intended to be supported (i.e. Freefly Astro)?  Again - this may help curb a lot of questions that you and your team face.

NicoBonnafoux
Esri Contributor

Hi Andrew, 

We don't plan to maintain a list of drones models that will not be supported in Site Scan Flight, but we do our best to keep Ideas on this board up-to-date and respond with as much clarity as possible to suggestions. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nico, any updates on when the Freefly Astro will be integrated? We have one ready for action!

0 Kudos
NicoBonnafoux
Esri Contributor

Hey Jason, good to hear from you!

We're working on a daily basis with Freefly and Auterion to make final adjustments to the Astro's firmware to offer complete support in Site Scan Flight. It may not be quite ready for full support in the next app update in July, but it should be in the following version later in Q3. 

If you want to beta test though, please send me an email, the processed results I've seen from the Astro are fantastic. 

Regards,
Nico 

0 Kudos
mataiopetelo
New Contributor

Any chance Dji mavic air 2 would be support on the flight app i have updated my drone firmware alongside with Rc remote as well 

Thanks.. 

0 Kudos
StephanusMinnie
New Contributor

Good day, we are looking at the Quantum Trinity 90+ fixed-wing drone. Is there some way to see if it will be supported any time in the future?

0 Kudos
NicoBonnafoux
Esri Contributor

Hi @StephanusMinnie

There are currently no plans to support the Trinity F90+ in Site Scan Flight. You're welcome to suggest it in Site Scan Flight Ideas to allow other users to vote and for our teams to provide you updates on whether or not we would include support and when. 

This is an excellent mapping drone and Site Scan Manager supports processing its images today. 

Regards,
Nico 

0 Kudos