Geocode Addresses Tool in Model at ArcGIS 10.2.1 not working

Jump to solution
08-12-2014 01:26 PM
LakshmiSankaran
Occasional Contributor

I am not able to use the Geocode Addresses Tool in a model in ArcGIS 10.2.1. I am trying to geocode addresses on a table in SDE. The resulting layer goes into SDE as well.

1. I have tried the geolocators created and located in ArcSDE 10.2.1. I am the admin so rights cannot be an issue.

2. I have tried geolocators on a network drive pointing to the addressing layer in SDE. Still the same error message.

3. THE LOCATOR WILL JUST NOT WORK IN A MODEL. I get the error message 000010 - Make sure the address locator or database/network connection is valid

4. The geolocators from SDE work fine when used in ArcMap, so the connection and the locator is valid

5. This was working fine in ArcGIS 10.0. The model was taking a table in SDE and geocoding it using the geolocator in SDE. The model is exactly the same.

Any help appreciated. If this is a bug, Esri - please suggest a workaround (and not suggest putting the whole process into a gdb where I will have to update the Address locator weekly)

Thanks

Lakshmi

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LakshmiSankaran
Occasional Contributor

Thanks to Patrick from Esri on resolving this. The table ported into SDE 10.2.1 had 2 fields (string, 4000) and that was the issue. I reduced those 2 field lengths to 3500 (3999 would have worked as well, but for good measure I reduced it further)

The geocoding now works.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LakshmiSankaran
Occasional Contributor

Thanks to Patrick from Esri on resolving this. The table ported into SDE 10.2.1 had 2 fields (string, 4000) and that was the issue. I reduced those 2 field lengths to 3500 (3999 would have worked as well, but for good measure I reduced it further)

The geocoding now works.

0 Kudos
RichardTruong
New Contributor III

I'm running 10.1 SP1 and received the same error message 000010 also.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

and not suggest putting the whole process into a gdb where I will have to update the Address locator weekly

And how is that you don't have to update the locator now?

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos