Is there any way to resume classification?

10-26-2016 05:04 AM
KonstantinGorskov
New Contributor

Hi! I am testing image classification wizard now, and I can see, that processing my whole raster image mosaic database could take up to a week. If system crash during that time, I guess I'll need to start processing from the scratch? Is there any correct workflow/settings to account for such scenario?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

well on the The Training Sample Manager—ArcGIS Help | ArcGIS for Desktop on the toolbar, there is a Save and Load option.  That should permit you to pickup where you left off.  Why not test

0 Kudos
KonstantinGorskov
New Contributor

I think that just saves samples settings, that is not a problem, as I can save whole project with all settings and samples in ArcGis Pro. But once I start calculations, I am talking about those calculations - like, if "Generating Segmented Dataset is 45% complete" to come back later and pick up from 45%, not 0%

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

ahhh It is the time for processing not the updating with new classification information you are after.  I know of no Arc* processing tool that lets you continue from where you left off... once they start, they want to finish.

0 Kudos
KonstantinGorskov
New Contributor

I see, basically I am screwed up if I want to perform any huge computation. Or, I need to somehow perform it step by step, on every raster image of whole mosaic databse, saving in-between, hm...

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

a generator for continuous power supply... or a battery backup pretty well sums up power issues... nothing else except incremental processing in bits with frequent saves ... which is best in any event

0 Kudos
NeilAyres
MVP Alum

And, if some process is taking days....

Murphy will always intervene just at the wrong moment

0 Kudos
KonstantinGorskov
New Contributor

Yeah, I'll probably just look for other solution to my original problem, then, as weeks of calculations are not going to work here. Thanks everyone for getting back!

0 Kudos