space time pattern mining with water quality data and data preparation

05-12-2016 06:23 PM
LindaDeLay
New Contributor

I'm new to the space time pattern mining toolbox. I'd like to try visualizing my water quality data in this way if it is appropriate.  My thought is that the space aspect is where in the landscape the well lies within my area of interest and time is the date the well is sampled. I might see clustering of parameters (Mg, Mn, total dissolved solids, etc) over time near certain mining features.  Since the wells are stationary, though, all the data will be stacked over discrete points with lots of space in between. Appropriate use?

General data prep question:  Can a feature relationship class that relates an XY location with tables of parameters work in the script or do I need to add XY location to each row of parameters?  Data would have multiple attributes and time stamps at a single location.

Thanks for any help, Linda

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

first the tools An overview of the Space Time Pattern Mining toolbox—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

then some resources Spatial Statistics Resources | ArcGIS Blog

and the creation Create Space Time Cube—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

then multidimensiona data in general An overview of the Multidimension toolbox—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

The question would be how dense is your spatial framework? a few sampling points? and how far along are you in the readings?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

moving to Analysis

0 Kudos