What changes, if any, are there in the conflation toolset in 10.3?

03-03-2015 03:30 PM
CarolynWhite
New Contributor III

What changes, if any, are there in the conflation toolset?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

did you find a difference? was there anything listed in the 'what's new section'? or the help file?

0 Kudos
CarolynWhite
New Contributor III

I have gotten no response.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

​what's new indicates nothing  obvious, but check the help.  If it isn't listed, it hasn't changed, unless I am wrong, then you would have to track down the code people

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The Conflation toolset was introduced in ArcGIS 10.2.1.  There really hasn't been any changes or updates to it since then, as the lack of references to any such changes or updates in the documentation implies.

A big part of why you have gotten no response is likely the appearance you have done nothing yourself to try and answer the question first.  Maybe the What's New lists were checked as well as the Help files; if so, none of that came across in the original question.

0 Kudos
CarolynWhite
New Contributor III

Yes, I checked those first. Thank you for giving me the Best Practices of

getting a response.

I have been asked to do some conflation work on some road data from

different sources. I have never done this before.

I have 10.2.2 installed and didn't know if I should install 10.3 to get the

best results as I learned.

ESRI, please note that finding the current version of help using google is

often difficult. The response with the highest google rank is often a much

older version. And since ESRI does not use the same naming conventions from

version to version the user can't easily modify the url to get to the

documents for the most recent version.

Are their online training materials for using this set of tools?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Regarding Google, it is interesting/odd that ArcGIS 10.1 seems to be the higher-ranked search results.  With ArcGIS 10.1 and 10.2, you could just manually change the URL, which was easy enough.  With 10.3, not only did Esri change the subdomain for the online help, it changed the name from "Help" to "Documentation."  The fact it was done with no notice to customers was a bit annoying.

Here is the ArcGIS 10.3 Desktop overview of the Conflation toolset.  If you dive into the links on that page, there is some good information on edge matching, feature matching, rubber sheeting, etc....  I would say start by reading the documentation and work through the examples.  Beyond that, I don't see any offerings in the Esri Training Catalog that are specific to conflation.

0 Kudos