Coordinate system conversion problem

12-22-2013 12:27 AM
sarakarlsson
New Contributor
Hi,

I'm not sure in what category this question belongs but I'll try here. Anyhow, I created a shape file  with loads of manually drawn polygons. The problem is that the project was defined as coordinate system RT90 and the shapefile as coordinate system SWEREFF. I had rasters in the same project defined as RT90 too, from which I drew the polygons. I then wanted to create a new project with the same info but in coordinate system SWEREFF. I used data management tools, projections, rasters... to change the coordinate systems of the rasters to SWEREFF - but how do i change the polygon shape file? It's already in the "correct" coordinate system, but at the wrong place (where it should have been if I would have wanted the RT90 system). How do I solve this? It's loads of polygons and I don't want to draw them all out again >_<

Thanks in advance!
/Sara
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor
Hi Sara,

What happens if you redefine it as RT90 (Define Projection Tool), then Project it to SWEREF?

Melita
0 Kudos
sarakarlsson
New Contributor
Hi Sara,

What happens if you redefine it as RT90 (Define Projection Tool), then Project it to SWEREF?

Melita

Thanks for your answer!

Sadly it didn't work, it just ended up at another incorrect place ;_;
0 Kudos