Implementing Multiple Regression Equation

Jump to solution
04-26-2016 10:23 AM
DavidGordon1
New Contributor

I'm having trouble understanding how to implement a multiple regression equation in ArcGIS 10.3.  I've already performed the regression in SAS and have the necessary coefficients, and so I don't need to redo an analysis with one of the Modeling Spatial Relationship tools in ArcGIS.  I simply need to create a new raster that is derived from my existing equation based on values from 3 different input rasters.  I've examined the Combine Tool, but that converts my numeric values to integers.  Weighted overlay apparently is based on ranking data.  What am I missing?

Dave

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

there is the raster calculator... listed in the toolset as well... I will save you the search

Raster Calculator—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The complete tool listing is here An overview of the Spatial Analyst Toolbox—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

you can create rasters of constant values, either integer or float, and your basic math functions are built in (is Plus, Times)

If your rasters are used as variables, just ensure that their extents, cell size and snap raster are established in the

Environments tab of any tool you use, don't assume that global settings are carried forward

0 Kudos
DavidGordon1
New Contributor

If I understand you correctly, I need to generate a new raster for every math operation in the in the regression equation?  That's straightforward, but it seems inefficient. Thanks Dan.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

there is the raster calculator... listed in the toolset as well... I will save you the search

Raster Calculator—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

DavidGordon1
New Contributor

That will do it!  Thank you Dan!

0 Kudos