Associating Control Points w/Parcel Points

Jump to solution
10-22-2012 03:02 PM
Labels (1)
BettyConces
New Contributor III
I am doing the parcel fabric development for our county and I have come across something I have not been able to remedy. I have been going thru the 'Loading Data into a Parcel Fabric' document and have gotten to the Checklist. The part of the checklist that is 'After Loading the Data'..."Control Points: Make sure control points are associated w/parcel corners...". I am (making sure CPs are associated) and have found a control point with a wrong association. The only reason I know that is because the (parcel) Points table has an attribute in its Name field that matches the Control point Name field. (and I'm assuming it was automatically populated when I imported the Control points [right click Parcel Fabric --> Import --> Control Points]). This point is the wrong parcel point and I need to fix it.
While I have followed the Help in the ArcGIS Resource Center, I have been unsuccessful in creating or editing an association w/a parcel point. Typically when I use the Maintain Control Points tool, it wants to snap to Point and not Control Point, and it seems that the tool is supposed to snap to the control first then the parcel. One glaring discrepancy is that the table for the control point does not have a Network Point ID field.
Otherwise, what am I missing? What am I doing wrong? 😞
I need to move past this and get further in our conversion!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BettyConces
New Contributor III
With Amy's help (thanks Amy!) I was able to associate control points w/parcel points.
First was uncovering the error I had made by populating the PointID field in the Control table w/my own CPF grid number. I removed those and left the name field blank.
Then I was able to simply Edit the control corner and add the Parcel Point ID number into the PointID field to associate w/that control, then Update. The table were populated with their reference to each other.

Previously I was trying to use the 'Match Control Point' tool and it was not working I believe because of the PointID field in the Control table referenced an ID that was not in the Fabric.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BettyConces
New Contributor III
With Amy's help (thanks Amy!) I was able to associate control points w/parcel points.
First was uncovering the error I had made by populating the PointID field in the Control table w/my own CPF grid number. I removed those and left the name field blank.
Then I was able to simply Edit the control corner and add the Parcel Point ID number into the PointID field to associate w/that control, then Update. The table were populated with their reference to each other.

Previously I was trying to use the 'Match Control Point' tool and it was not working I believe because of the PointID field in the Control table referenced an ID that was not in the Fabric.
0 Kudos