Select to view content in your preferred language

Attribute Assistant Intersecting Raster Method Not Working

Jump to solution
01-06-2014 11:49 AM
Labels (1)
GregEpp
New Contributor II
The Attribute Assistant tool has been an extremely valuable tool but I have not been able to get the 'Intersecting Raster' method to work on our enterprise SQL database.  I am using version 2 of the attribute assistant. The following syntax worked on a file gdb but not on SDE:

Table Name: RMoN_San_Access_Chambers
Field Name: RIM_ELEVATION
Value Method: INTERSECTING_RASTER
Value Info: DEM_5M_2002|Pixel value

Does anyone know why this works in a file gdb but not on SDE?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregEpp
New Contributor II
I think I found the problem.  If I specify the database.owner.layer then the tool works.  For example, instead of just giving the layer name in the dynamic value table, I needed to provide the following:

www_gis.GIS_ADMIN.DEM_5M_2002

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor
Greg,
   Can you activate the Attribute Assistant Log File and see what it says?  You can turn this on by changing the config file.
0 Kudos
GregEpp
New Contributor II
Here is the log file:

Field Name: RIM_ELEVATION was found at index: 44
                  Trying: INTERSECTING_RASTER
                  ERROR/WARING: No cell value or raster was found: DEM_5M_2002
                  Finished: INTERSECTING_RASTER

I have tried several values for the second parameter value, pixel value, and nothing but I am still getting a '0' value returned.  Any ideas?
0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Can you verify the Rasters layers name?  Is this a single band raster?
0 Kudos
GregEpp
New Contributor II
Can you verify the Rasters layers name?  Is this a single band raster?

The raster layer name is correct but it is a single band raster.
0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Good, last question, does the spatial ref of the raster match the spatial reference of the data frame or data being edited?
0 Kudos
GregEpp
New Contributor II
Yes, the data frame and the raster both have a spatial reference of NAD_1983_UTM_Zone_17N.  Should I be using a different field name for the SDE raster?
0 Kudos
GregEpp
New Contributor II
I think I found the problem.  If I specify the database.owner.layer then the tool works.  For example, instead of just giving the layer name in the dynamic value table, I needed to provide the following:

www_gis.GIS_ADMIN.DEM_5M_2002
0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
That could be it.  We tried hard to allow you to use the TOC name, or even the Dataset name minus the owner and table, but this one might have slipped through.  If this resolves the issue, I can add a bug to the tools and get it resolved in next release.
0 Kudos
GregEpp
New Contributor II
It would be great if the next release fixes this issue.  Will all updates be applied to the 10.2 version or will you update the Attribute Assistant tool for ArcGIS 10.0?  I ask because we will be on 10.0 for some time yet.

Thanks.
0 Kudos