Attribute Assistant - NEAREST_FEATURE_ATTRIBUTES - Empty Geometry

03-12-2014 06:04 AM
KennyWebster
New Contributor III
Just upgraded from 10.0 to 10.2.

Worked fine in 10.0.  Just pulling 2 attributes from a street feature class (from sde) and loading them into a civic point feature class (also sde).  For whatever reason it's now giving an error saying cannot be performed on empty geometry.  Clearly the geometry is not empty.

Any clues?
0 Kudos
14 Replies
DominickCisson
Occasional Contributor

Looking at my PC, I have the C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\ESRI\Desktop10.3 folder, but no AssemblyCache folder therein. I’ll keep searching elsewhere for it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dominick A. Cisson, GISP

GIS Administrator

Phone: (303) 795-4472

Arapahoe County’s GIS on the Web: http://gis.arapahoegov.com

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value… Albert Einstein

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

It is hidden by default, you need to show hidden files.  If you paste this into your file explorer it should take you there

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\ESRI\Desktop10.3\AssemblyCache

0 Kudos
DominickCisson
Occasional Contributor

I’m showing hidden folders, and there’s still nothing there. Regardless, I uninstalled it from ArcMap itself. What is the best source to get the Attribute Editor? It seems to be included with a dozen different ESRI projects out there. I just want to make sure I’m getting the latest version.

Dominick A. Cisson, GISP

GIS Administrator

Phone: (303) 795-4472

Arapahoe County’s GIS on the Web: http://gis.arapahoegov.com

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value… Albert Einstein

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

You can find detailed help here and a list of locations to get it.  They all include the same version of the tools.

Attribute Assistant | ArcGIS Solutions

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Are you in a geometric network?  If so have you tried deleting the GMN and rebuilding it?

be advised if you do and your in SDE you should compress/compact it several time first.

0 Kudos