Attribute Assistant: Using Joined Data in Nearest_Feature_Attribute method

11-28-2017 10:25 AM
Labels (1)
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I am trying to update a new point feature with data joined to an underlying polygon feature class.

Background: The polygon feature class has the geometry of city boundaries and resides within an SDE feature dataset. The joined table right now resides in my local c:\ drive, and contains two additional fields that I need for the attribute assistant application.

When I initially tested the join in AA, it failed and I figured it did because I referred to the alias field name in the DynamicValue table:

(Both the 'ESN' and CommunityCD fields are from the joined table.)  However, after making the change, the logfile complains that it cant find the field name:

Row Info
   Row Number 17
   TableName: MasterStreetNameFC
   FieldName:
   ValueInfo:    slcopub.SLCO.Municipalities|ESN_CommunityTable.ESN,CommunityCD,ESN_CommunityTable.CommunityCD|ESN,   ZipJurs,CityJurs
   ValueMethod: NEAREST_FEATURE_ATTRIBUTES
   On Create: 1
   On Change: 0

Checking for Subtype Restriction
Field is not specified, empty, or set for all.
            Trying: NEAREST_FEATURE_ATTRIBUTES
            WARNING: search distance as not specified, defaulting to 0
            Looking for layer: slcopub.SLCO.Municipalities
            slcopub.SLCO.Municipalities layer Found: slcopub.SLCO.Municipalities
            Checking Field Mapping
            ERROR: Cant find field ESN_CommunityTable.ESN in table slcopub.SLCO.Municipalities
            Finished: NEAREST_FEATURE_ATTRIBUTES

Perhaps another set of eyes can see what I'm not; is it a path problem to the SDE/feature dataset,? 

mmiller-esristaff

jmward

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Does not work with joined fields

MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Could you make a database view to join those tables so it appears as a single table to the AA?

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I'll give that a shot.  Thanks!

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos