Create Street Index Report error

Jump to solution
11-04-2014 09:45 AM
Labels (1)
EvaShoemaker-Maffei
New Contributor II

I'm running the Create Street Index Report tool from the FireRunBook 10.1 application.  I keep getting this error:

Executing: CreateStreetIndexReport V:\GISCoordinator\master_data\StevensCountyBasemapData.gdb\Transportation\RoadsAll STREET V:\GISCoordinator\master_data\StevensCountyBasemapData.gdb\AdministrativeBoundaries\StCoPages PAGE PORTRAIT V:\GISCoordinator\Addressing\Intrado\RdList14.pdf

Start Time: Tue Nov 04 09:38:56 2014

Running script CreateStreetIndexReport...

--Dissolving road centerlines...

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Downloads\ESRI\FireRunBookfor10.1\Application\StreetIndexReport.py", line 257, in <module>

main(*argv)

File "C:\Downloads\ESRI\FireRunBookfor10.1\Application\StreetIndexReport.py", line 235, in main

dissolve_result = arcpy.management.Dissolve(road_centerlines,  os.path.join(scratch_workspace, 'centerlines_dissolve'), full_name)

File "C:\Python27\ArcGIS10.1\Lib\ntpath.py", line 96, in join

assert len(path) > 0

TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

Failed to execute (CreateStreetIndexReport).

Failed at Tue Nov 04 09:38:58 2014 (Elapsed Time: 2.00 seconds)

Can someone help me with this?  Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EvaShoemaker-Maffei
New Contributor II

I did get rid of the streets that had 0.  But what I didn't have open was ArcMap.  I was just running the tool from ArcCatalog.  So I added my streets layer and Index layer to a mxd and it worked from there.  Lesson learned!  Thanks for your help - eva

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Just a shot in the dark:  check your streets for those with 0 or <null> length or empty geometry

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
EvaShoemaker-Maffei
New Contributor II

I did get rid of the streets that had 0.  But what I didn't have open was ArcMap.  I was just running the tool from ArcCatalog.  So I added my streets layer and Index layer to a mxd and it worked from there.  Lesson learned!  Thanks for your help - eva

0 Kudos