ElectionPollingPlace Functionality in MyGovernmentServices

12-10-2014 10:36 AM
Labels (1)
Jack_Lyons
New Contributor

Hi,

I'd like to use the point/polygon functionality within the ElectionPollingPlace web-app to represent 'schools' in MyGovernmentServices . The point would be the school and the polygon would be the address district for that school (all addresses that can attend the school).

I have the feature classes configured and REST end points from the published services; I've managed to make this work on a individual case, either point or polygon features but not together. Hence why I'm trying to use the functionality from the ElectionPollingPlace which combines both the point and polygon feature (polling precinct with polling place).

The workflow I;m attempting to achieve:

1. Either:

1a. Click on map, show address polygon and circle school linked to address district -> InformationBox below is populated as in 2 OR

1b. Click on School 'InformationBox' link at bottom of screen, pans to School InformationBox and shows info as in 2

2. School InformationBox is populated:

- School District

- Nearest schools from current map view, listing only those that fall within the current district zone (middle, elementary, high etc)

(we have some code that will work out the linking of schools for a district and display them within the InformationBox)

3. Clicking on any of these schools in the InformationBox will display polygon with point as in 1a above.

4. Clicking on any school will detail full school info (InfoPopup) -> simple to configure.

I can achieve the linking of the point to polygon with a stripped down version of the ElectionPollingPlace web-app but am not sure how to proceed integrating it into the MyGovernmentServices app.

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Thanks.

0 Replies