Geometric Network

08-01-2013 05:47 AM
Labels (1)
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III
I've had issues this past couple of days when working with my Geometric Network for Water Distribution.  I'm using the Attribute Assistant and the Water Utility Network Editing toolbar.  If I save very regularly it seems to be okay but sometimes ArcMap tells me it is unable to save edits and then I try to stop edits and it of course it asks if I want to save edits and it says something to the effect that it can't save edits because its read only or schema locked.  Has anyone else had a similar issue with this?  Is there some sort of log file somewhere that would show any errors, it could be that one of the feature classes is corrupted, maybe I'll try a couple of them to see if there are any errors.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  I'm going back this morning to see what was lost, so far it appears that some of the work I did yesterday is still intact.  What I would note is that shortly before I left last night, I checked ArcCatalog and all of the modified dates there were from Tuesday and this morning those same feature classes show yesterday at 5:04pm.  So I'm really confused.
Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DennisTumberg
New Contributor
I have had this same issue, in my situation it has always been when someone else has the geodatabase open and is editing.  If I have them close out, then it saves without a problem.  I have looked at the lock files in the file geodatabase to determine what kinds of locks there are on the files.  It is frustrating because I can't stop someone from opening an MXD and accessing the geodatabase, so if I am in the middle of editing I am stuck.
0 Kudos
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III
I am only using single user file geodatabases and I don't see any lock files when I have tried to delete it.  No sure what could be causing this.
Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos