Integrating Attribute Assistant with an external program

10-31-2013 09:28 AM
BillTen_Broeck
New Contributor
I am very impressed with what you can do with the AA. It seems like there is a lot of power in this module. I'm thinking of trying to utilize it in a somewhat more expansive role. We send out emails to other municipalities and utilities based on where in the county an event occurs. I'd like to try to build something that will extract the location, and thereby the jurisdiction of a point, and thereby send out emails to only the pertinent parties.

Has anyone built anything along these lines? I'm not looking for an exact solution, but rather ideas.

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor
You could use the AA to fill out details from other layers, then export the select features to excel and then run a mail merge from there?  That is just guessing without knowing more details.
0 Kudos
BillTen_Broeck
New Contributor
You could use the AA to fill out details from other layers, then export the select features to excel and then run a mail merge from there?  That is just guessing without knowing more details.

I guess the most fundamental question is if there is any mechanism either built into AA, or some other way, to call a script or function once AA has finished it's thing. What I'm trying to accomplish is to analyze where a point falls within agency boundaries, extract the appropriate agency, look up in a secondary table the email addresses of the people associated with that agency, and then fire off the email to them from an external program.

So if my point falls in the City, I contact one group of people, and if it falls in the County, a different group.
0 Kudos