is there any documentation for the tax parcel publishing script?

02-04-2013 08:57 AM
briankelly
New Contributor
i keep throwing errors on it.

ERROR 000732: Layer Name or Table View: Dataset ParcelFabric_Layer\Parcels does not exist or is not supported
Failed to execute (SelectLayerByAttribute).
0 Kudos
9 Replies
briankelly
New Contributor
omg figured it out. nm. happens every time.
0 Kudos
briankelly
New Contributor
Actually there is a problem with the script. All of our parcels, except for 1 that has been edited, have a historical value of 'null' instead of '0'. this is presenting a problem with the script.

arcpy.management.SelectLayerByAttribute(parcels, "NEW_SELECTION", """Type = 7 AND Historical = 0""")

im going to try to muscle a null selection query into the script.
0 Kudos
LisaSchaefer
New Contributor
Did you figure this out?  I'm getting similar messages and have tried editing in the script but haven't found the right combination yet.
0 Kudos
briankelly
New Contributor
Did you figure this out?  I'm getting similar messages and have tried editing in the script but haven't found the right combination yet.

there seems to be a bug when the LGIM is enabled on the fabric. i believe what's happening is that the type field is not getting set correctly when LGIM is enabled. if you manually export, say taxparcels, to the parcel publishing fds you will notice the coded values are wrong.

NIM089114
0 Kudos
JamiePetersen
Occasional Contributor II
i keep throwing errors on it.

ERROR 000732: Layer Name or Table View: Dataset ParcelFabric_Layer\Parcels does not exist or is not supported
Failed to execute (SelectLayerByAttribute).

Sorry to revive an old thread, but what did you do to resolve this part of your problem?  I'm getting the same message.
0 Kudos
RyanKelso
Occasional Contributor III
It looks like this thread never really got an answer and it popped up on a search for me, so I'll repost my solution to this problem from another thread...

If you have enabled the Local Government Information Model on your parcel fabric, which you would have if you want to use the Tax Parcel Editing Template, then there is no "Parcels" sub-layer in the fabric.  This is why the following line fails:
parcels = r"%s_Layer\Parcels"%(name)

With the LGIM enabled on the parcel fabric, there is a sub-layer called "Tax Parcels", which is what you want to use.  So change the line I mentioned before to:
parcels = r"%s_Layer\Tax Parcels"%(name)

Also, the Tax Parcels sub-layer has already queried out historical parcels, so the query in the following line will return 0 parcels so none will be appended to the parcels publishing feature class:
arcpy.management.SelectLayerByAttribute(parcels, "NEW_SELECTION", """Type = 7 AND Historical = 0""")

So remove AND Historical = 0 from the query to get the proper results.  I suppose you could even completely remove the Select Layer By Attributes line because the Tax Parcels sub-layer has already been queried to only include Type 7.  These are the things I had to do to get the script working, I hope this helps anybody with this problem.
0 Kudos
BettyConces
New Contributor III
Helped me!! I just happened to be trying to figure out why this script wasn't working......Thanks Ryan 🙂
0 Kudos
Zeke
by
Regular Contributor III
Isn't it Historical <> 1?
0 Kudos
RyanKelso
Occasional Contributor III
Isn't it Historical <> 1?

Historical can be 0 or null so that doesn't work.  I guess it would be best to calc Historical null values to 0 but I'm still migrating so I haven't done that yet, and probably not everybody will think to do that.  But in that case, Historical = 0 from ESRI's script would work.  Like I said in my last post, historical parcels have already be queried out of the Tax Parcels layer, so I just removed that part of the query from ESRI's script all together.

Another thing I noticed about this script is that it will append all the parcels from the fabric's Tax Parcels layer to the ParcelPublishing\TaxParcels feature class every time you run it, even if the parcels already exist in that feature class.  So you will end up with parcels stacked on parcels stacked on parcels...  I haven't messed around with the script any further, but I'll probably add a line that runs Delete Features on ParcelPublishing\TaxParcels somewhere before the append runs in order to clear it out for a fresh set of parcels.
0 Kudos