Issues with election Polling Places locators application

01-04-2013 06:33 AM
Labels (1)
BrianKennedy
New Contributor
I have installed the Esri Election Poll locator application.

For the most part most of the functionality appears to be working

Base Maps draw up �??

My poll sites and precincts appear.  �??

Address locator working �??

Info tabs get populated �??

What does not seem to be working for me is the routing function.

when i click on a map to selection a point, the application correctly  displays the Precinct polygon feature , creates a marker on the map for that location, displays a red circle around the poll station associated with my Precinct, then everything stops, and I get an error message displayed saying 'Unable to complete operation'

What the application should be doing at this point is drawing a route between my selected map location and Poll station.

I am not sure what the problem is.

I am using the default Esri routing service that appears in the config.js file

RouteServiceURL: "http://tasks.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/NetworkAnalysis/ESRI_Route_NA/NAServer/Route"

I know this service for North America works with my data because I can open up the data in ArcMap and use the address locators tools there.

What am I missing ?  Do you need a ArcGIS OnLine subscription in order to access the ESRI North American routing service ?

Any comments, suggestions or insights from the online community would be appreciated.

Also another issue with app, when I click on Poll Site, the Info box appears in the top left hand part of the screen unlike in the ESRI online example where it appears just above the Poll Site marker
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ScottOppmann
Esri Contributor
No, an AGOL subscription is not needed to access the Routing Service.  In addition, its difficult to trouble shoot the specific configuration issues you're having, so I would encourage you to contact Esri Support Services.  They can help you resolve the challenges you are having.

Scott
0 Kudos