Landhooks Layer?

05-09-2013 05:26 AM
Labels (1)
JustinMcCulloch
New Contributor III
Hey Folks,

I'm wondering if anyone is currently using a land-hooks feature class in their fabric geodatabase. We had a layer in our old taxmap and I am looking for an easy way to bring in the geometry. Any ideas?

Justin McCulloch
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BettyConces
New Contributor III
If you're talking about what we call 'carats' or the 'Z' like features we used in CAD to indicate multiple pieces of property assessed in one single tax parcel, I can tell you what we did and plan to do in a Parcel Fabric. We converted from CAD (that had the carats) to Township Geodatabases. In the GDB we have a feature class called 'LegalAreas' that are the pieces of property that make up the TaxParcels (in another feature class). LegalAreas are symbolized w/a lighter grey dashed outline and the TaxParcels are black, thicker outlines. LegalAreas lie under the TaxParcels. This way we do not have to maintain the carats (landhooks?).

In the Parcel Fabric, outside of Lots and Subdivisions, we plan on making another parcel Type for all of our other 'pieces' that make up TaxParcels. We're still in our R&D phase but are testing this scenario out.

I hope that makes sense to you and is helpful....at least kinda-sorta. To get a visual of what I'm saying, you can see our assessor maps in PDF form at:
http://www.kcgov.us/departments/mapping/assessor/
and I would suggest looking at Township 51N; Range 4W and looking for NW 1/4 Section 24 (File Name = 514W24NW.pdf). This map is in our current format (some pdf's are our CAD maps) and shows the LegalAreas/TaxParcels and how we display them.

~betty
0 Kudos
JustinMcCulloch
New Contributor III
Thanks Betty,

I actually already worked this out, but your post was informative.

Justin
0 Kudos