LGIM in SDE?

04-17-2013 03:49 PM
briankelly
New Contributor
Can the LGIM be stored without problems in SDE? I havent found any good documentation regarding how to export from a file gdb to a sde gdb. I have tried to export the LGIM to xml but this process has seem to have hung (either that or it takes about 6+ hours to run on a very fast machine).
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AdamCottrell
Occasional Contributor II
We have ours in a SDE GDB, so it is possible.  There could be several reasons why it is getting hung.  First thing I would check would be users, roles, and permissions configured for the SDE.  Another thing, do you have data in the LGIM schema in the file GDB or is it schema only that you are trying to export?  If you have data then you may want to try first importing the schema into the SDE.  Then loading the data into the schema.
0 Kudos
briankelly
New Contributor
It is currently in a file gdb. The problem im having is that i cant get an xml export to function. it just hangs.
0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor
Brian,
   I would try to just copy and paste it from FGDB to SDE.
0 Kudos
briankelly
New Contributor
Tried that, failed to paste. Would that keep the domain settings if i managed to get copy paste to work?
0 Kudos
ScottOppmann
Esri Contributor
Brian -

There is a bug right now with attachments that precludes the schema from being copied to Oracle without error.  As such, we're shortening several feature class names in the 10.2 release so users don't run in to this bug.  In the meantime, I would track down any feature class/table in your schema that may be longer than 30 characters (including the _ATTACH and _ATTACHREL extensions). I know I made changes to the landusecodeviolation and damageassessment features in the 10.2 version to accommodate.

Scott
0 Kudos