LGIM Tax Parcel data

05-22-2015 11:34 AM
Labels (1)
SallieVaughn
Occasional Contributor

Does anyone have a representative sample of tax parcel records that are stored in the LGIM they would be able to share? I'm really just looking for a tabular view, not spatial data. I'd like to see how others are interpreting some of the fields like "Assessing Neighborhood Code" or "Structure Class Modifier." I'm happy to provide similar in return. Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ScottOppmann
Esri Contributor

Sallie -

I would use the data dictionary we provide for reference.  Here is a direct link to the TaxParcel layer for more information on the specific fields you mention.  Typically this information is maintained in your CAMA system and sourced from that system to derive the TaxParcel layer.

0 Kudos
SallieVaughn
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I'm using the DD, but still finding some ambiguity. For example, the field STRCLASS is defined as "The class designator assigned to each assessed structure and used to quantify the quality of the structure." I'm hung up on the QUALITY part of that, although I don't think the term is used in the proper context here.

Our parcel database has multiple options that might work for STRCLASS (Structure Class: single family, townhouse, office, etc. OR Structure Style: ranch, split level, bank, restaurant, etc.). But if we're talking QUALITY, I've got two condition fields as well. Or does that information belong in the CLASSMOD field, defined as" The class modifier assigned to each structure and used by the assessor to adjust the value of a specific structure?"

My line of thinking was that if I could see what others had done, I might be able to figure out what is best for us. I downloaded the sample GDB for the ArcGIS for Local Government Tax Parcel Editing solution and found the attribute table largely underpopulated, which wasn't helpful.

Any insight would be appreciated!

0 Kudos