Local Government Information Model

08-01-2012 09:24 AM
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Is there an update for this model for 10.1?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
0 Kudos
LeithaSackmann
New Contributor II
The release notes for the 10.1 version just says "7/12 - First release of Local Government Information Model for ArcGIS 10.1." Has there been any changes since the last version created for 10? If not, is there any reason to download this newest version if we are still using 10?

Also - a few questions specifically about the SiteAddressPoint feature class (from ver 10):

• Field "FULLADDR" - what is meant by "address information combined into one text field" in the description? Only street plus apt numbers combined? Or those plus road info? or all those plus city and state or zip? Can you update the description to be a bit more helpful as in the field description for "FULLNAME" which makes much more sense?

• Field "UNITID" - Does only the address unit number go here? And if you have a "UNITTYPE" of "REAR" or "LOWER" which are both domains what then goes into this UNITID field? Would I repeat "REAR" or "LOWER" again?

Thanks for any light you can shed,
Leitha
0 Kudos
LeithaSackmann
New Contributor II
I also meant to ask: I know of the older data dictionary at http://help.arcgis.com/en/localgovernment/datadictionary.html which has a date of June 28th. Is there an updated one for ver 10.1 LG Model? I can't seem to find a link anywhere, so I'm assuming that there were no changes.

Thanks again,
Leitha
0 Kudos
ScottOppmann
Esri Contributor
Leitha -

At 10.1, we consolidated the XML workspace document, data dictionary and release notes in to a single download.  Here is a link to the download.  Download the 10.1 model and take a look at the Release Notes.  You'll notice there were a few changes we made after the last 10.0 release. In particular, we renamed the land records domains and also added several domains to support parcel editing workflows and the fabric data model at the 10.1 release. 

Let me try to address your questions on the address parts of the model:

1. FULLADDR should be used to store a fully concatenated address.  You'll have to configure this for your community but it could potentially include the following fields: PREADDRNUM, ADDRNUM, ADDRNUMSUF, FULLNAME, UNITTYPE, UNITID, ALTUNITTYPE, and ALTUNITID.  Take a look at each of these fields and determine which ones are valid in your community.  For example, you may not have Address Number Prefixes and Suffixes.  We'll update the definition in future releases of the model so this is clearer.

2. Yes, the address unit number would go there.  For example 100 N Main Suite <UNITTYPE> 100 <UNITID>.  You don't have to populate the UNITID if one isn't called for.  So if you select LOWER as a UNITTYPE, you may just leave the UNITID blank.

Hope this provides a bit more clarity and thanks for the feedback.

Scott
0 Kudos
LeithaSackmann
New Contributor II
Thanks, Scott, that helps.

And can you consider posting the newer LGM data dictionary (10.1 ver) online or maybe within the new online help section? If it's there already, I missed it.  It's just very handy to have a link to this dictionary so that when it gets updated you know right away and can see the changes, date, etc without going to the trouble of downloading anything.

Leitha
0 Kudos
ScottOppmann
Esri Contributor
Leitha -

We added a link to the data dictionary in the help system.  Here is a link to the topic.

We're also making several other major updates to the help in the next release.  Thanks for your continued feedback.

Scott
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
I can't seem to find anything online or in the Getting Started documentation about migrating from the ADM 10.0 to 10.1. Any suggestions for a clean upgrade?

Thanks,
James
0 Kudos