More than one Parcel Number to a polygon

Jump to solution
02-22-2013 06:45 AM
Labels (1)
RhondaFarris
New Contributor
I have 3 separate parcel numbers that I need to associate with one polygon.  I currently have a joined table which links my parcel numbers that i'm manually entering, to the parcel number and ownership in a separate table.  When mapping the parcel I can enter all 3 parcel numbers in the attribute table and the join table pulls in the information that I need.  Problem is when your viewing the map it only shows one parcel number.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisCorwin
Occasional Contributor II
Rhonda,
We use the same workaround that you choose to use. We have mining claims that three different people each have a 1/4 interest in the mine property. Or a water well parcel that each member of the subdivision gets taxed for. So, we just duplicated the parcel 4 times and stacked them on top of each other with their unique parcel IDs.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
LMGarcia_y_Griego
New Contributor
It may be that the uploaded table is not counting the table join fields as fields,
which ArcMap does not either.
One approach is to create new fields next to those join fields, name them accordingly,
set the data type to text (works for all numbers as well), then go into field calculator and
set them equal to the join fields.(or something like that)
You can then edit out the joined fields by removing the join and you should have a complete
upload ready shapefile with your custom attribute fields.
0 Kudos
RhondaFarris
New Contributor
I've notice only one difference when viewing these parcels. I can select the parcels that are not showing up on my map in the attribute table, when I identify the Location, it says Undefined.
0 Kudos
RhondaFarris
New Contributor
Ok here is my workaround.  Not sure if this is they best, but it is working for now...  I have drawn a duplicate polygon over the existing polygon.  It worked.
0 Kudos
AdamCottrell
It sounds to me that you need to have a relate or a relationship class instead of a join.  Relates work with 1 to many or many to many records. Joins are for one to one relations with records.
0 Kudos
AmirBar-Maor
Esri Regular Contributor
Hello Rhonda,
Could you please provide more information why you have 3 different numbers for the same parcel. Is this a Tax parcel, Lot? Condo unit?. Are you working with the ArcGIS Solution for Land Records and the Local Government Information Model?

Thanks,
Amir

0 Kudos
RhondaFarris
New Contributor
Hello Rhonda,
Could you please provide more information why you have 3 different numbers for the same parcel. Is this a Tax parcel, Lot? Condo unit?. Are you working with the ArcGIS Solution for Land Records and the Local Government Information Model?

Thanks,
Amir

I have 3 separate owners for one parcel of land.  Each owner gets their own assessment. Not working with ArcGIS Solution for Land Records and the Local Government Information Model.  I built ours from the ground up.  I drew each tract of land.
0 Kudos
ChrisCorwin
Rhonda,
We use the same workaround that you choose to use. We have mining claims that three different people each have a 1/4 interest in the mine property. Or a water well parcel that each member of the subdivision gets taxed for. So, we just duplicated the parcel 4 times and stacked them on top of each other with their unique parcel IDs.
0 Kudos